Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Vacation!!

Do you ever feel like when you go on a vacation and you love it so much, that when it's time to leave and go back home that you don't feel like you are going back home, but that you are leaving home instead. Well that's the way I felt after leaving my brother in law's uncle's cabin. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Being able to hear the wind in the trees and the grass and not have any city noise was awesome! I was sad to leave when it was over and I really did feel like I was leaving home. We got to drive the ATV's and I went on a couple of walks around the town, played pool and watched movies had fun in the hot spa, looked at the amazing stars at night and just had fun with the family!

Well my good friend Angela came to visit from Texas and brought her friend Katie along with her and it was awesome. We went to Leatherby's and then hiked Doughnut Falls, Silver Lake, and Twin Lakes. On the way back down from Twin Lakes I slipped and fell and got this huge cut on my left knee, but it wasn't too bad I would hike all day every day if I could and even with a big flesh wound. Then we went to Bear Lake, we played in the water and got sunburnt. Also on the way up to Bear Lake people were herding cattle it was awesome to watch! On the way back to home from Bear Lake we stopped and looked a the Logan Temple which was nice to see! We also went up Butterfield Canyon and had smores. The last night Katie and Angela were in town we went over to Camille's house and watched a movie ate popcorn and talked.

Sunday woke up early went with my family to the Oquirrh Temple dedication at 9am then went home and ate lunch then I went and took a nap. Had dinner with my parents and then we went to the city cemetary and looked at prophets and apostles graves that were there. It rained a little bit but not bad. The sunset was gorgeous!

I will miss Angela and Katie now that they have left, I had tonz of fun while they were here in Utah. I got to do a few things that I have been wanting to do all summer long. I am so happy that they were able to come and visit it was so good to see Angela again and it was fun to get to know Katie!!

School is going to start in a few days I confess I do want to go back to school, but I don't want to take tests or be graded on anything; if I could go to school like that I would be so happy for school to start instead of dreading that my summer is over. At least I have one thing to look forward to this week, on Saturday my student ward is having a boating activity so that should be tonz of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment